Thursday 19 July 2012

Stamping for FUN!




Sometimes, I need a day off from all the challenges. Some days, I just want to stamp for FUN. Not that the challenges aren't fun, but every once in a while, I can't seem to get anywhere without hitting one of the challenge limits and then my brain melts and the recycling bin gets full and the whole scene gets UGLY!

Tuesday and Wednesday have been days like that for me. I've had a ton of fun watching the new CASology entries come in, and commenting on them. I've had fun looking at Pinterest, but somehow, the stamping just wasn't doing it for me. It could be the close to 45 degrees with the humidity weather (that's like 110 F, friends!) and the air conditioning that just doesn't seem to get up to my craft room really well (this doesn't bug my husband for some reason! lol!), or it could be that I'm just feeling lazy.

Anyway, once I gave up on the challenges, I did manage to put these 3 cards together, playing with one teardrop shaped stamp. I love geometric designs like this. (yes, I can see that the final one needs a 'shave' down the left hand side! lol)


11 comments:

  1. These are just fabulous - and all with one stamp, amazing results! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards. I like the colour development of the first two. What is the stamp you have used please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three of your cards are just amazing Ardyth. Yay we got a break is the heat and humidity today, hasn't this week been so unusual for us?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had this same train of thought last night!! :) I ended up making a card without any challenges and it did seem rather nice! :)

    Love how you played around with one stamp to make 3 different cards...creativity, indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are definitely THE stampin' queen of the east! Your images are always so perfectly & neatly stamped. My recylce bin would be overflowing trying to achieve this!

    We are at 35C right now (42C with the humidex rating), the cool air doesn't seem to make it to my craft room either and I'm cranky and cranky seems to suck up the creative juices like a sponge. I want winter back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes you get sucked in & forget that you are doing something because you love it, no other reason. Think I like the top one best - what inks have you used?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such cool cards Ardyth! I love cards with big, bold, colorful focal points! Hope you have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha, good for you for taking the "day off" from challenge work and having fun. Fun is good. And your cards are a reflection of that fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Geez Louise, I've been gone not even three whole days and you've got like nine cards on here!! I'm just going to rename you Pro Lific! It's not that pretty, but it's all about the "Pro," because you are one!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh I love those overlapped petals.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.