Thursday 26 July 2012

RS21 and CQC147 - Way to go Tracey!




Do you know my new friend TraceyShe is one of the four extremely talented ladies I'm getting to know on the design team at CASology (don't forget to play!!), and she's a fellow Canadian! 

She must be even more talented than I thought, because she is having one heck of a week - one of her cards was chosen for this week's RetrosketchPLUS, she's been named a member of the Royal Court at ColourQ. (you have to go there, just to see what Ryan Gosling had to say about this week's colours! lol!)




In honour of Tracey, I've combined these two challenges. Way to go, Tracey!


(Paper Smooches sentiment, Lawn Fawn flower with Doodlebug bling)


PS - Thanks for the book recommendations - I've added them to my 'to read' shelf at Goodreads, which is an online app that helps you track the books you've read, what you thought of them, and (most importantly to me) it tracks all the books you've seen that you think you'd like to read, so that when you finish a book, you have a whole list of new ones to choose from. My next book is The Kitchen House, by Kathleen Grissom - highly recommended by a couple of my friends. Have you read it? What did you think?

14 comments:

  1. Tracey is fabulous and so are you...such a clean card that has so much impact!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you kept this CAS while using all these colors. Tracey is having one great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love your CAS take on the sketch & you used the colours perfectly from ColourQ. Fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Ardyth, this is such an amazing, bold and vibrant card. I Love it my friend, thank you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you've simplified the sketch (sketches scare me) and nailed the colour scheme, so that it's still very CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card, and how sweet that you made it for Tracey. She is such a great gal, and I am also so happy for everything she has accomplished this week. I read The Kitchen House last year, and really enjoyed it. It will make you happy you are Canadian, without the ugly burden of slavery in your country's past. I am reading Seating Arrangements right now, and it is quite good. I should see what else your readers have recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the brightly colored graphic shapes combined with a whimsical pink flower & font - such an effective contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous card! I love how you used these colors! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ardyth..thanks for stopping by my blog....and yes! Tomorrow can only look up from here! :)

    cute card, I really love the simplicity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on the combo, Ardyth, and great shoutout for Tracey!

    (I'm playing at CASology tomorrow. I haven't forgotten.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun card, Ardyth, so sweet of you to acknowledge Tracey's recent achievements! thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing you card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ardyth this is sooo cute! I love the CAS layout for sure! Thanks so much for playing along at RetroSketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the boldenss of this card. Great way to combine the challenges this week. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this card! Very cool take on both challenges! Thanks so much for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.