Wednesday 11 July 2012

RS19 - Christmas in July





We're in the best part of summer, so sometimes it's easy to forget that Christmas is coming! OK, not for a while, but for those of us who like to send unique cards to each person or family on our list, that's a lot of work to leave until Thanksgiving! lol!

When I saw this week's Retrosketch, I saw Christmas bells.



I looked through my Christmas stamps and found this jewel tree from Annabelle Stamps. I used a Papertrey stamp for my horizontal strip and coloured with copics and (of course) Stardust Stickles. The sentiment is also Papertrey.

On another note, the response to CASology's first Cue (SUN) was overwhelming! Pop over to see all the great entries so far and play along! We members of the DT were emailing back and forth all day on Tuesday, just buzzing with the excitement of it all! I know I checked the site just about every 5 minutes to see who had submitted a card! It's so great to 'meet' new people through this wonderful medium! Don't forget the deadline is Sunday at noon (CST).

8 comments:

  1. Nooooo, not Christmas, not yet! We're still waiting for summer, it's just not happening.

    I love the way you've done the matching horizontal strip, and linked it to the main image with the red sparkly berries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great interpretation of the sketch Ardyth, sure doesn't feel like Christmas in TO today does it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Love Christmas in July!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Christmas balls, Ardyth. Bells? Either way, great design!

    And great to see you and the DT getting such positive response to your new challenge. I'll be along to play tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First I have to say how much I adore your blog banner, what a cool play on the name. Second, this card is so fun and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great CAS interpretation of the sketch. I find sketch challenges really tough - I can never seem to filter out the unnecessary, which this card does. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card! You nailed this sketch! Love the random red stickle dots too. Thanks for the CASology reminder...next thing on my agenda!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome Ardyth!!! Love the colors and the images and glitter are perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's RetroSketch!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.