Wednesday 4 July 2012

OLW95 - Stars and Stripes



This week's One-layer-Wednesday challenge is hosted by the recently colourized and long-haired Susan (a quick reference to her beautiful new profile photo!)  to make a card using stars and stripes. Not coincidentally, the day the challenge started was July 4, so I expect we'll see lots of really cool red white and blue creations, although that was not a requirement.

By the way - even if you don't play in these challenges, looking at the entries (and the related blogs) is always a great source of inspiration!. I really encourage you to click over to Susan's blog, Simplicity and take a peek  - especially if you love CAS style - there's always a lot of great work to look at!

Being Canadian, I don't send many (any!) Independence Day cards, so I wanted to make my card something other than red white and blue. I know, I'm a rebel! lol!

This is an old Verve star, stamped in Versafine onyx and embossed with clear powder. Copics to colour in the stripes and then Stardust Stickles for sparkle. Unknown sentiment.

On another note, I read, for the first time, the whole Declaration of Independence today. Wow - what an amazing document! Thanks to Lydia for posting it. Happy 4th to my American friends and family!

17 comments:

  1. That is really sparkly and stunning, Ardyth! I am so jealous of how you keep everything so CLEAN and crisp!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this shiny star Ardyth. Beautiful CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours of your star with stripes, Ardyth! Perfect CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great coloursrs - I'm glad your a rebel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! It is so fun getting your posts in my email -- LOVE your work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - love it! This would make an awesome grad card for a guy or a girl...just change up the colors a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a clean looking card - great use of shiny stuff. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the shiny star! and share your admiration for Susan and Simplicity as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely bright, simple card, Ardyth. Love the colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary to you too Ardyth! We'll gladly swap you some rain for some sunshine :-)
    Fabulous stripey star!!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Wow...........pick my jaw up off the floor. Love love love this star Ardyth. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog.........I have to tell you when I made it I thought of you. It felt like an Ardyth card. Love your comment about the spelling of COLOR..........colour. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Saw your card posted in the OLW gallery. Wonderful Star! Love the colors and the sparkle. Nice card, Ardyth! Gabby :) (gabalot on SCS)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful simplicity! CAS at its finest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous One Layer Card! Done to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the star and stripe(s) all incorporated into one beautifully sparkly image! Superb CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love this CAS design Ardyth and the shine gives it a special birthday feel.

    Also, thank you for the lovely comment you left me the other day about the way I use my stamps - it really made my day! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  17. The shine is fantastic! I've got to try that - although you probably need alcohol markers to set over the embossed area. Hmmmm, I might need to reconsider my decision to stay away from them!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.