Friday 13 July 2012

LIM - Gold (1)



I had a very productive afternoon in my craft room on Thursday, and after thinking I wouldn't be able to play along with this week's Less Is More challenge to use gold, I ended up with 3 entries. I'm going to take a page from Bethany's book and have 3 posts so I can enter all 3, so please bear with me.

Just as I was feeling a little bit bored on Thursday, my man-in-brown showed up with my latest Stampin' Up! order.

When I first saw this stamp set in the new catalogue, I thought the angel was a little too folky for my taste. Then I saw this card by Doris Smith in the Splitcoaststampers gallery, and I did a complete 180.

Here, I simply embossed her in Egyptian Gold (gold ep with sparkly glitter in it), then I ran my Versamark pad around the edge of a slightly bigger oval and embossed it to match (this is a trick I learned from GinaK). What Gina didn't say is that you're going to have a heck of a time getting the slightly-warped angel layer to adhere to the melted embossing powder on the next slightly warped layer, but I solved that with some liquid glue and a heavy book.

I think I'll use this as one of my Church Christmas cards (I was worried that I was falling behind on my goal to make 10 each month to give to each of the families at our church!)

I searched through my Christmas sentiments to find something that wouldn't distract from the simplicity of the angel....and that leads us to the next card.


10 comments:

  1. Love all three cards for LIM but my fave is the word one in the middle.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous result! Love the angel - I'd say elegant rather than folksy.

    Now, call me styoooopid but for years I've believed a quite 'Pinnochio-like' friend who swears that her embossed work never, ever buckles and that it was all my fault.

    I feel like a ton weight has been lifted now - thanks for sharing :)

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the image . Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love my little brown man lol
    Terrific card, greta embossing
    Thanks very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, isn't she a beauty! I love the sparkle on the embossing powder and the embossed border. Mr. Brown should be bringing her to my door this morning. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty card, and great job with the embossing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous embossing Ardyth, such and elegant Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great embossing Ardyth...this looks terrific!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ardyth, a whole bunch of smashing LIM entries from you

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely christmas card. Great embossing.

    Marrigje

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.