Friday 13 July 2012

LIM 75 - Gold (2)



I had a very productive afternoon in my craft room on Thursday, and after thinking I wouldn't be able to play along with this week's Less Is More challenge to use gold, I ended up with 3 entries. I'm going to take a page from Bethany's book and have 3 posts so I can enter all 3, so please bear with me.

While making the first card, here, I was looking through my Christmas sentiments and found this Papertrey "Peace Love and Joy". This card actually started as a colour card:




I was playing around with this sentiment and seeing how it fit together and when I finished this card, I thought that it was too bad it wasn't gold, because if it was, I could use it for Less is More. Sometimes I'm just dumb like that (please don't tell my children!). The light bulb did finally go on and I remade it using gold embossing powder and adding a Hero Arts snowflake that I thought had a similar feel as the text. My camera struggles with these white cards - (or maybe it's the photographer!). I always have a hard time showing the detail in my mostly-white cards.

Onto Post 3!

11 comments:

  1. Another great card. I love the gold embossing. Your photo is good.It is hard to capture the whole effect sometimes though isn't it!
    Love the effect you created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that stamp
    Superb card, perfectly embossed
    I love the version with the stars [know that isn't the LIM entry!]
    Thanks very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! This is so elegant in the gold and yet stunning in the colors1 Two very different looks with one stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great card, love the stamp. It looks fab all done in gold x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love how you've repeated the sentiment - love it in gold and colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the white & gold card. The LO & design is FAB x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two more awesome beauties. Amazing how different the two cards are. Thanks for showing the contrast using the same sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way you've tessellated (my kids taught me that one) the smaller stamp to make the larger image, Ardyth, must try that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Yum, yum Ardyth, this one is wonderful, what superb embossing!
    Thanks again.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great christmas card. So nice to see the difference between the cards if you use different colours. The gold one is stylish, and the second one has a cosy feel to it.

    Marrigje

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love these cards both cas but so different I will look at my stamps with a different eye now. Thanks for the insperation (sorry about the spelling)
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.