Thursday 12 July 2012

Fun with Letters



I love to use stamps in unexpected ways. I try to look at my stamps (especially solid ones) as shapes, rather than as an image.  This card is made using Stampin' Up's! Big Deal Alphabet. Figured it out yet? The leaves are the 'v', the stem is the 'l' and the flower is the 'o'. (if I could figure out how to use the 'e', this could be a hidden 'love' card). The yellow flower 'off-centre' is the dot from the 'i'.

I love the graphic simplicity of this so much that I don't really want to add a sentiment. I used Gumball Green and Melon Mambo ink and cardstock, with a little dot of Summer Sun (and Stickles!).




13 comments:

  1. Awesome letter flower! Never knew there was a gum ball green. I need some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's what I call graphic punch! Love the colors! I would have never guessed oversized letters:) So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your letter flower and your colours are so vibrant--cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is so striking! I shall look at my solid stamps in a new way now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am bowled over by this clever card Ardyth! Love those colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card has made me a fan of Gumball Green! Wasn't too sure about it until I saw this clever creation! I agree, no sentiment needed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are amazing! What a fun card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ardyth, I love the way you use shapes and the way you see them . Beautiful non sun card :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So creative, love it. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the love. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really clever...love the stylised flower :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I truly think some of the best cards are made by using products in unconventional ways. You did so well with that on this card!! Love, love it, Ardyth!

    Your hidden LOVE sentiment is such a cool idea...

    How about GRASS? A couple "E's" on their side? Overlap them so the blades are fairly close together?!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card. If I see a page of cards, I can always pick out your card. Clean and simple.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.