Wednesday 25 July 2012

FTL200 - Happy Holidays





It's still pretty hot here in Toronto, so I thought I'd make something cool for this week's Fall to Layout:


I shaded the Technique Tuesday letters with various blue copics and then 'coloured' in with Stickles for some icy cold sparkle. This is a Lawnfawn snowflake - I wanted one that had a place to colour in, to tie in with the sentiment.

Anyone else reading "The Prisoner of Heaven" by Carlos Ruiz Zafon? It's SO. GOOD. My very first bookclub book was "The Shadow of the Wind" (convinced me that I actually wanted to be in a bookclub) and I've also read "The Angel's Game". This third-of-a-four-book-series is so exciting and well-written (and translated, I guess, since I'm not reading it in Spanish!) and full of unexpected twists and turns - the perfect summer read. I can't wait to find out what happens, but I also dread getting to the end. And I think that is truly the sign of a great book. Any good recommendations for my next read?

5 comments:

  1. Cool! (I've been listening to my kids for too long...) The sparkles really make the snowflakes and sentiment pop.

    I'm playing catch-up with books. I've just discovered Lee Child. I didn't think I would like these action/thrillers but I'm really enjoying working my way through them. Other good reads:
    No Time For Goodbye (Linwood Barclay),
    The Innocent Man (John Grisham) - eye-opening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really going all out with the Stickles these days. Fabulous Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh...this cools me off just looking at it! We must be wishing for cooler weather with our winter cards! LOL! Love those Stickles!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome holiday card! Love all the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey A, I was wrong.. I have read Zafon before.. (Shadow of the Wind)... He is my bookseller's favourite author. I'll put his latest on my list. Cheers! Mrs. H

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.