Tuesday 24 July 2012

CASology3 - Fruit!



This week's CASology cue card is Fruit!

I feel like I've made a 'melon' watermelon cards this summer! One I made for my Dirty Dozen debut (you can join up to be a Splitcoaststamper Fan Club member to see it), and for One-Layer watermelons, see this post).  But, really, what's better on a hot sultry summer day than some cool, juicy watermelon.

I wanted this card to be different than my previous watermelon cards. I really thought about the essence of a watermelon - to me it's the pink and green colours, the round shape, and the seeds (although we don't seem to have watermelon with seeds anymore, do we?).

The watermelon and its skin were made by masking and then sponging with distress inks (Worn Lipstick is the perfect watermelon pink). I used a small flower petal stamp for the seeds and Lawn Fawn's Harold's Alphabet for the sentiment - this alpha is great to work with because it doesn't matter if you don't get it perfectly straight!

Don't forget to check out the blogs for the rest of the Design Team and see what they've made for you:




Melissa Chipperfield

Rosemary Dennis 

Tracey McNeely

and this week's Guest Designer Jenny (winner of CASology1 - Sun)



Now, off you go - be "fruitful" and link up to CASology - can't wait to see what you make!


17 comments:

  1. This is fabulous!!! What a creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your watermelon looks good enough to eat! Love the bold, bright colors on this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun thank you card. I love that you used a flower petal stamp for the seeds. Just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ardyth I love this bright and bold melon, fantastic one layer card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely fabulous card, ardyth!! i love the little bit of sparkle that you added to the card...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card. Can't help but smile when you see it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. EVERYTIME I pick up a stamp anymore, I'm trying to jump into your mind to see how Ardyth would use it. So far, no go. You are incredibly unique in the way you create and I KNEW the fruit you stamped would NOT be some ordinary stamp we could just go buy and recognize as a fruit stamp. Your creativity blows me away!

    Bahb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the graphic style of this watermelon, and the glittery lines between those colours really sets them off. Perfect seeds from the petal stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card - the colours are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW...what a striking card, Ardyth! I love how you created the adorably sweet watermelon. The colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stampin Queen.... you did it again! The watermelon card and the snowflake card are both amazing! Clever, clever use of the flower stamp for the watermelon seeds! A visit to your blog NEVER fails to inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How clever, Ardyth! This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ardyth....I LOVE this card! True CAS style with LOTS of flair!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you created a melon in 1 layer! Genius, and so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this fun slice of melon! Very cute idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Ardyth, I am glad I am not the only silly one to make a fire on top of the stove. Thanks for you kind comments on my card and the and I love the watermelon slice:) Hugs, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my word -I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.