Monday 25 June 2012

FS281 - Happy Birthday Struan, With Apologies to Laura



As you know, until frighteningly recently, I had no idea what I wanted to make for my son's 13th birthday card. That's not quite 100% true - I had a few little ideas. I wanted to use this tank stamp that I purchased (and altered) from DeNami designs (chicks aren't his thing - at least not the little fluffy kind!). And of course, he and his friends played paintball for most of the day on Saturday, so that's another theme I wanted to go with.

Then Sunday came, the day of Splitcoaststamper's Featured Stamper challenge. Laura O'Donnell was the chosen one this week. I scanned her gorgeous gallery, hoping against hope that she had made the perfect card for my son. Not a tank or paint splatter in sight (but many, many beautiful cards!). 

When I found this one, I loved the ring of birds. Hmmm. A ring of tanks? Laura, I'm SO SORRY!



I'm happy with his card and I know he will be too. Despite being a teen-age boy with every gross and annoying thing that comes with that, he's also one of my biggest fans and gets excited when I get a new follower on my blog or win an award for a card.

Happy Birthday, Struan! And "Many Tanks", Laura!

(CSS Alpha Duo, Lawn Fawn Harold's Alpha, Michael's paint splatters, Kaleidecolor Flannel inkpad)



12 comments:

  1. Is that the cutest card you ever made or what?So so Sooooooo clever! Struan will LOVE it, of course.

    Bahb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card - he'll love it! I love your splats too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! I bet he loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect! Love the splats between your letters too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo cool Ardyth. Your imagination never ceases to amaze me :)
    Happy Birthday Struan from The Four H's xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you've CASEd Laura's card brilliantly! The tanks are just fab for a 13 year old and I love the splashes of colour! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card for your son - I bet he loves it!
    Your blog is one of my favourites - thanks for your inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Extremely COOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is way too cool! Adding the splats to the centre of the card and inbetween the word is sooooo clever! I'm sure he absolutely loved it....even though he may not 'actually' say so (until he is about 30!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that is a kick ass card! Happy birthday, Struan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love the paint splatters. I have been trying to do this on a card but just haven't been happy with the results. This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ardyth you are the absolute queen of taking inspiration from anything and making it your own. This is a wonderful 'boy' card!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.