Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Brainstorm!



Quick mid-day post because I had a BRAINSTORM. A rare occurence, indeed! I was looking at the two challenges below, determined to combine them. Combining challenges is a skill I need improvement in - many people are very talented and can put 4 challenges in one card, but I still struggle with two.

I'm absolutely in LOVE with this colour combination for this week's Colour Q (must be Canadian or British - see how they spell colour just like I do?):


Then I looked at this week's Clean and Simple Fall to Layout. Came up with  Father's Day as a theme, so I could have 3 lines of sentiment (and use all the colours!),  but then hit the unmoveable object.


 I only have TWO kids and there are THREE flowers. Well, the the most obvious solution is often the least sensible (plus, this baby factory is CLOSED), so I came up with an alternative and put stars in betwen.

I'm so happy with the fun result, although I do have one last confession - these photos are old and I will have to update them before the big day!

Clear and Simple Alpha Duo (what a great alphabet to work with!), various clear stars.



5 comments:

Melissa said...

Ardyth, I just stumbled across your blog via SCS and, I must say, it is fantastic! You now have another follower! :) LOVE your CAS style!

Sylvia said...

What a very special and fun Father's Day card, Ardyth, I love what you did with the colors. I am so happy you could join us this week with a fun color combination at the ColourQ.

Geri said...

Great card! Hmmm....third child, stars.....STARS IT IS! Just had to let you know that I just tried out the new SU ink pads - you are gonna LOVE THEM! The Classic Black stamps nicer than Stazon! We used three other colors and they were all amazing! No more Stampin' Spots though.

Deanna Jean said...

What a wonderful Father's Day card. I know what you mean about combining challenges. I struggle with this too. I think you did great putting these two together. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Suzanne Bier said...

Great job combining the two challenges...and a super cool Father's Day card, too! Thanks for joining us at the colourQ this week! :)