Sunday, 6 May 2012

Two Splitcoast Challenges

I'm going to show you a not-so-nice side of me. When I saw the choice of this week's Inspiration Challenge - Victorian Trading Company, I just about took my marbles home and decided not to play. Even before I went to the site. Victorian is almost never clean and simple and just not my style. In fact the word strikes terror into my heart! Pretty babyish, don't you think?

I forced myself to look through, convinced I would never find anything to inspire me. Wrong!




This card was made with a Martha Stewart punch and a Papertrey sentiment. I scored lines across the circle to represent the texture of the hat that inspired me:





For the Featured Stamper challenge, this week, The Queen of Sponging herself (my name for her), Heather T was chosen. 




This card was inspired by two of Heather's. One for layout:


And one for colour:



My second card uses Hero Arts and Stampability stamps (and Stickles, of course!):



and was inspired by this card of Heather's:


5 comments:

Lydia Fiedler said...

Beautifully done, and QUITE nice :)

Mynnette said...

FABULOUS cards--LOVE all the CASEd ones! :) Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog--I had that stamp set YEARS ago, too, and also sold it. Found it at my local craft store garages sale on half price day for $2! You BET I snatched it up!!! :)

Darnell J Knauss said...

I haven't had a chance to catch up with you for a while and you've been busy. I'm going to comment on each, but the word will be the same: brilliant! I can't see bothering with other superlatives, when that one word describes you and your work better than any other.

Darnell J Knauss said...

Oh, I forgot. I'm with you on the Victorian thing (blech), but look how you've inspired me to go ahead and look. You just never know! You certainly rocked it!

lin_ka1 said...

In Poland, children's song about riding a yellow bus. Looking at your card right away, I remembered her words. Dzięuję for such a pleasant surprise and a memory. Regards, a card is beautiful