Monday, 14 May 2012

Retrosketch #11



Here's this week's sketch:
 

I sometimes wonder, when I "Ardyth-ize" these sketches, if the hosts think my card doesn't match the spirit of the sketch at all. Especially the ones with ribbons and bows - I amost NEVER use ribbon, lol!

I honestly appreciate all the hard work that the challenge hosts go to and I try to be true to the sketch, but it has to feel right to me as well. This card actually came from a scrap on my desk. I had cut out the turquoise butterfly to use somewhere else (didn't work), and decided to use the negative to make this card. I used turquoise Stickles on 3 rows of polka dots near the bottom of the card as my 'ribbon'. This would be a great card to whip up as a gift set, in different colours and with different sentiments - even different die cuts!



3 comments:

Julie Brooks said...

I love this card. Turquoise is one of my favourite colours and to use the "negative" cut out onto white card is fab! I don't use ribbons much either and I think your rows of glitter dots work really well as an alternative.

Lisa Lara said...

I love your border and the sentiment stamped inside your butterfly Ardyth. Great idea.

Lura said...

I don't know how the hosts feel, but for me, one of the biggest reasons I keep coming back for more is how you Ardyth-ize the challenges. I am seriously deficient in the ability to look at a challenge and make it my own and in awe at how wonderfully well you do it.