Saturday 4 February 2012

CASE Study Challenge 76


Look at the beautiful creation for CASE Study Challenge 76.



It is so pretty, but also so not what I know how to do. Once I start adding layers and embellishment to my cards, I never seem to know when to stop. Other people, like Karola Witczak clearly do, and they end up with pieces of art like this.

In fact, I panicked a bit when I saw this card, because I just didn't know where to start. So I tried to break it down into components: 6 squares, butterflies, flowers, colours, sentiment (and I'm only just now seeing that bird in there with the dimensional wing!)

I went with 6 squares, butterflies, cream, blue and green colours and a sentiment and came up with this:
I 'rock and rolled' the rectangles of dots in caribbean and celery, and added sparkle to the butterflies for some dimension and bling. These butterflies are definitely springy and will hopefully help make someone's birthday even happier!

Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Grunge Me for the dots, Butterfly Dreams for the Butterfly and one of their limited edition sets for the sentiment)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Pear Pizzazz
Ink: Cool Caribbean, Certainly Celery, Soft Suede
Accessories: Copics, Eucalyptus and Waterfall Stickles

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors and design! The glittery butterflies add the just the right touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. darlin card....thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study...hope your week is fantastic!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you broke the inspiration down into manageable pieces to create your CAS card. Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the simplicity of the design and the gorgeous colours! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.