Tuesday 24 January 2012

Sympathy Cards - A Sad Good bye to Shoelace Untied

Last week, my sister's horse needed colic surgery. My sister is an equine surgeon and was able to perform the surgery as well as the emergency tracheotomy he needed in the recovery stall. Despite her skill and the care given to him at the clinic and the prayers and good thoughts of many, many people, Shoe never fully recovered and my sister had to put him down. These are the cards that I made to send to my sister and the other lady who owned Shoe.


I only 'met' Shoe once - and from a respectful distance (I'm not the animal lover in the family)! But he was beautiful and spirited and brought my sister and his other 'owner' so much joy, and I loved him for that. Good-bye Shoe.

Somewhere in time's own space
There must be some sweet pastured place
Where creeks sing on and tall trees grow
Some paradise where horses go, 
For by the love that guides my pen
I know great horses live again
-Stanley Harrison-

Supplies:
Paper: Gina K Pure Luxury White and Cream, Island Indigo, Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Green DP (Basic Grey)
Stamps: Deadbeat Designs (horses), Kitchen Sink Stamps (horseshoe)
Ink: Island Indigo, Soft Suede, Early Espresso
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Circle Nestabilities.

1 comment:

  1. Such a thoughtful thing to do - and with really original cards. I'm sure they were much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.